Walk to Emmaus is a Christian retreat experience and movement, focused on spiritual renewal within existing communities of faith. "The Resurrection Story, told in Luke 24:13-35, describes the Walk to Emmaus encounter. With this theme for the weekend, faith is re-explained, grace is experienced, Christian community is realized, and the Body of Christ is renewed through revitalization of church members' commitment to Christ" -Upper Room Handbook on Emmaus.
The Holy Trinity Emmaus Community is part of Diakonia Emmaus, and is in covenant with Upper Room Ministries and Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church, San Antonio TX. This is an ecumenical group of churches and denominations who cooperate to organize non-denominational retreats, that are designed to develop healthy church members and leaders.
- Schedule: we host 3 retreats each year (see Schedule)
- 2 Women's Walks: Spring + Summer
- 1 Men's Walk: Summer
- Retreats are held Thurs - Sun at the Omega Retreat Center in Boerne, TX
In addition to Emmaus retreats, we periodically gather for these other types of community-building activities:
- Emmaus Gatherings often include a Saturday-evening pot luck, followed by brief and intimate Worship. Gatherings are usually hosted by rotating Diakonia Emmaus Community churches in the greater San Antonio metropolitan area on the the 3rd Saturday of the month, except in June & November.
- Reunion Groups (or small groups) often meet to casually discuss and celebrate life changes in a way that enhance each person's journey of faith. These meetings are sometimes over breakfast, listed on the Church Calendar.
- Other follow-on activities aren't mandatory, but many participants look forward to reuniting to share news and smiles with new friends.